How To Clean Glass Door Knobs?
Why do you need to clean the shower door knob regularly?Shower doorknobs are integral to your shower room and are a part of your daily life that you may not think about.
Keeping the surfaces of your bathroom door knobs clean not only keeps you and others safe but also helps maintain the longevity of your glass door hardware.
Two types of door knobsGenerally speaking, there are two main types of glass shower door handles. They are shower doorknobs and shower door pull handles.
Unlike regular doorknobs, glass shower screen door knobs are sleek and simple, perfect for frameless glass doors. Frameless shower door knobs do not involve a lock and are ready to use when properly installed.
Shower door knobs
Shower door pull handlesModern shower door pull handles are mostly rounded rectangular or rectangular in shape overall and are more suitable for heavy glass doors.
Benefits of keeping shower glass door knob clean
● Increases safetySmall details can sometimes have a bigger impact than we realize.
Keeping the surfaces of your bathroom door knobs clean not only keeps you and others safe but also helps to maintain the longevity of your door hardware.
● Maintain cleaning conditionKeeping your doorknobs clean can make your bathroom sparkle.
It can also make a good impression on others when you have guests.
● Beneficial to healthYou touch the door knobs for shower doors one or more times a day. There is no doubt that they are a great place for bacteria to accumulate.
Especially in the wake of the COVID-19, regular cleaning is more important than ever. It helps stop the spread of COVID-19 and other bacteria.
● Making your mood pleasantI believe it should be pleasant to see clean doorknobs rather than dirty ones, and if you like to relax in the shower after work, clean knobs can add some comfort.
Easy cleaning methods for different types of door knobs
● Cleaning stainless steel door knobsKnowing the best way to clean a stainless steel glass door knob is vital for both the handle and you.
(1) The safest way to effectively clean a stainless steel shower door knob is to soak a soft cloth in a mixture of soap and water, then scrub with a rag. When you're done, rinse the doorknob with water and you'll find it's noticeably cleaner.
(2) If you find that there is a more stubborn residue, you can mix equal parts olive oil and vinegar. Or wipe with a cloth soaked in a small amount of soda or WD-40.
Should not do:
(1) Using steel wool or other abrasives will scratch the stainless steel and deteriorate its appearance.
(2) Some cleaning supplies containing chlorinated or chlorine bleach can damage stainless steel.
(3) Cleaning should not be done with hard water.
(4) Do not use oven cleaners.
● Cleaning brass and copper door knobsShower doorknobs made of brass material can easily lose their luster. For solid brass or copper door handles, you can try some methods for use at home.
Method 1：Make a paste with equal parts flour, vinegar and salt. Gently rub the paste onto the surface of your solid brass and copper door hardware, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wipe off the paste with a soft cloth that will not scratch the metal.
Method 2：Take a ripe lemon cut in half and sprinkle salt inside the half around the pulp. Rub the coated surface lightly over brass or copper to wipe away dirt, bacteria and then wipe off any residue with a cotton cloth. At the same time, the lemon leaves a pleasant scent.
● Cleaning silver and silver-plated door knobsThere are many cleaning supplies on the market for cleaning silver-plated door handles, but you may also want to consider the following way to save money.
Step 1:Take an aluminum tray, pour a cup of baking soda into it, then pour boiling water and place the doorknobs inside after disassembly. Set it aside and let it sit for a few minutes.
Step 2:You will find that the rust and residue have come off. (The method also has a sanitizing effect.) Once the doorknob has cooled, polish it with a soft cloth (it would be perfect if you applied a good quality polish) to restore its luster.
● Cleaning crystal or glass door knbosMost cleaning solutions (it is recommended to consult a professional) will adequately clean different doorknobs made of crystal, glass, and plastic. However, please avoid using cleaning products that contain hardware that may be damaged.
Step 1:Spray a small amount of the solution on the surface, let them soak for a minute or two, then dry and polish with a clean, soft cloth.
Step 2:Depending on the level of dirt, it may take several passes to get them clean.
Warm tips(1) Clean glass shower doorknobs and shower room are what make a comfortable and happy bathroom.
(2) Avoid choosing glass door handles that are too sharp.
(3) Wear gloves for cleaning if necessary.
(4) If you need to use cleaning agents, be sure to follow the instructions.
(5) Consult a professional promptly if you encounter a problem that you cannot handle.
(6) Whether it is a doorknob, a pull handle, or a glass door, you need to develop the habit of cleaning it regularly.
ConclusionKeeping the surface of the shower door handle clean helps to maintain the service life of the door hardware. Choosing a high-quality shower glass door knob is undoubtedly one of the most direct ways to extend the service life.
Loire is a professional manufacturer of shower room and glass door hardware (not limited to different types of glass shower door knobs and shower door pull handles). If you need more information, we look forward to getting in touch with you.